Friday, February 3, 2012

The 650lb Lady and I (or How I am T.G.I.F'ed)

Work.Run.Work.Run.General Hospital.Work.Run.Work.Run.

Yes, sadly, that sums up my life.

Yes, I am STILL watching Robert and Katherine General Hospital clips from 1989-1990 on You Tube daily. Last time you heard from me I was in the 400s but admitted starting in the 200s. Naturally, I had to go back and start from the beginning to truly get the full story.  So, I'm back in the 200s. But, I'm only watching two to three clips per evening, usually while eating dinner and watching ABC Nightly News.

And no, I haven't been to the  YMCA. The mild weather is keeping me outdoors logging every mile I possibly can.

Work is crazy busy and as a result of all the running and working I am simply exhausted. However, I can't stop running. Yesterday I ran two miles and then came home and did a one hour workout video. In fact, I've logged a total of 17 miles this week, with six more on the calendar for tomorrow. Tonight my body told me to stop and I'm feeling incredibly guilty sitting here writing and not running.

Why, you ask?

I'll tell you why. The 650 pound woman.

I made the big mistake of watching My 600 lb Life on TLC the other night.

Even though my weight starts with a 1 (and no, I'm not sharing anything other than that!), I couldn't help but feel like I'm one cheeseburger away from looking exactly like the woman on the show (who, by the way, actually weighed 658 lbs).

I started compulsively doing sit ups while watching the two hour special.

Since the show I've been completely distracted and, frankly, exhausted from all the working out. So much so that yesterday morning I heated up some turkey bacon for breakfast and apparently never ate it. This evening I opened the microwave to heat up my dinner and discovered this:
Gross, right? It isn't even from this morning because I had a dentist appointment bright and early so I simply ate a banana before brushing my teeth. Two day old turkey bacon just sitting there. Apparently I never noticed that I missed breakfast.

Wait, it gets better.

This morning, while packing my lunch in the dark, I grabbed a can and tossed it in my lunch bag. Imagine my surprise when I opened my lunch bag in the break room and discovered this:

Friends don't let friends bring Miller Light to work! Thankfully, no one saw my offending beverage and it is now safely back in my refrigerator.

Thank goodness the weekend is here. I'm exhausted, starving (apparently) and committing HR violations with my lunch. I am completely, utterly, totally T.G.I.EFFED!

1 comment:

  1. I have teared up laughing! a) so glad that was turkey bacon because I don't want to tell you what it looked like in that tiny photo on fb and b) maybe your body is telling you exactally what it thinks you need! Listen to your body, take a day off and have a beer (not at work)!!!

    ReplyDelete