Sunday, March 11, 2007

"Crazy Mary" update

Life has returned to Grand Rapids thanks to Mother Nature. With the weather warming and snow melting, people are finally coming out of hibernation.

This includes Crazy Mary. She emerged Saturday to clean the melting snow off her car, which has not moved for weeks. By the way, it has two stickers: one that says "VERMONT" and the other that says something to the effect of "proud teacher." No worries, my teacher friends, Crazy Mary is clearly dillusional and just wants to be one of you.

The house next door is getting a new roof, so Crazy Mary was standing in awe of the workmen on the roof of the house while I stood in awe of seeing her in daylight. I watched her as she looked down, saw a piece of newspaper on the ground, picked it up, walked to the dumpster where she proceeded to jump in and dig through the dumpster. She started frantically ripping in to garbage bags. At that point I picked my jaw up off the ground, hopped in my car and made a speedy getaway. Stay tuned, friends. I am sure spring will bring many new Crazy Mary stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment