Wednesday, July 4, 2012

West Coast Jen the Third? (Or how I said "No" to Ricki Lake)

I turned down an opportunity to make my national TV debut.

My job has put me on local TV from time to time but nothing like this.

A staff person from the Ricki Lake show contacted me after stumbling across the blog. No joke! I edited the email address and phone number but here's the message:

Hi There, Jen!

I'm messaging you from the Ricki Lake Show office in Los Angeles. I stumbled across your blog, and thought you might be a good fit in a segment we are working on. We are looking for a single woman who doesn't necessarily want to change up a lifestyle of certain luxuries- going out with friends, mani/pedis, shopping, Starbucks etc... But still sweats it out until the next paycheck. I'd love to talk to you more about it if you have a few moments today. I can be reached via e-mail at name@therickilakeshow.com or on the office line: 310.XXX.XXXX.

Thanks so much! Hope to hear from you soon!

-Name

Ricki's staff person is on it - I do fit the bill. However, taking my single, broke and not so fabulous life on a national talk show is not my style. Though it would have been super fun (who doesn't love Ricki Lake?? "Hairspray" was amazing!)! Then again, I would have been in L.A. and could have found Cali Jen (and Cali Jen #2 for that matter). I mean, if I found Beyonce for Wiggy in NYC, finding a non celebrity with my name should be a breeze, right?

Ah, c'est la vie. It would have been fun. Crap. Now I'm wondering if Ricki would have given me some free Kate Spade swag or something.

I'm still thinking if I'm going to go for TV, I'm totally going for "The Price Is Right." Occasionally they give away Kate Spade luggage and bags....to go along with a fabulous trip somewhere. Heaven knows I am in desperate need of a real vacation!

2 comments:

  1. HEY! You could have come visited me! I'm bummed you didn't do it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I just didn't think it would go over well at work. I'm determined to do a race there in the next couple of years so I'll make it back eventually!

    ReplyDelete