Monday, April 12, 2010

Who do you think you are, Dave Ramsey?

Today I noticed a bumper sticker on a car in a driveway in my neighborhood: Debt Free & Lovin' It!

Then, of course, it lists Dave Ramsey's web site.

After a little research I realized some bozo in my neighborhood PAID $5 for this thing!


In fact, Dave Ramsey has a whole section of what can be described as nothing less than crap on his web site: $25 coupon organizers, T-shirts and designer envelope systems (whatever those are).

So not only are people paying too much money to listen to him tell them how to spend their money (starting, of course, with paying to attend the seminar and buying books and CDs - just don't charge them on your credit card) - they are also spending hard earned money on chotchkies?!

Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong? I mean, he is enabling the behavior he scorns, right?

Kiss it, Dave Ramsey. I don't know much about you but based on his bumper sticker indicdent you have totally offended me.

I'll keep my credit card debt, thank you very much!

And I would never be caught dead in a Dave Ramsey T-shirt.






No comments:

Post a Comment