Sunday, January 24, 2010

What goes around comes around

It was like a message from above.

I got it in my head to go to this new Goodwill store that opened super close to the hometown of Amway International. In other words, a Goodwill where the wealthy of my area are likely to drop off their unwanted goods.

Let me say - I only go to Goodwill to donate. I may be sort of broke but I am also sort of a snob. I'd rather by designer shoes on clearance than wonder whose feet have been in my shoes! OK, I did shop Goodwill  once in college - but it was to buy clothes for this night of fun with  my sorority where we dressed our big sisters up in crazy clothes, took them to the bar and got them drunk. In this day and age it would be called "hazing" but in my day it was good, clean, old fashioned fun! I digress....

I am looking for a cheap bookshelf for my basement because my bookshelves are overflowing (oh, if I only had a Kindle!). Something just told me "Go to Goodwill!" So, I picked up one of my city dwelling friends and we trekked out to the 'burbs.

Goodwill's furniture selection was pitiful and the whole place smelled like dust. I was so not impressed. My friend always manages to find something at Goodwill and she had found a really cute skirt for $3.

While waiting for her to check out, my gaze turned to the one locked glass cabinet in the store. It had some cheap jewelry so I wondered why they even bother when something on the very bottom shelf caught my eye.


Earlier this week I told you I can spot a fake Kate a mile away. Even with the glass between us I knew this was no fake.

This is Classic Noel Brown Bea clutch with the 14K plated KS emblem! Complete with dust bag! When this line came out with the KS emblems I was soooo tempted to buy one but I held back. Also, I don't have enough brown in my handbag collection and you know how I feel about the color red, so I've been admiring this particular pattern for some time.

This one is gently used (I call it vintage) and let me tell you, Goodwill would have been better off selling this sucker on E Bay because they could have gotten double, maybe triple what they were asking for in the store but too bad...I snatched it up! I must admit, I do feel a tad guilty practically stealing from this charity. I suppose it was pure profit for them. Still....maybe I need to offer my services to help them price their gently used high end handbags?

In the end I didn't get a bookshelf...and I still really need one...and would have been better off putting the cash I spent on this bag toward a bookshelf....my books won't fit in this bag but it will look so cute with these brand new KORS Michael Kors boots I picked up last week (don't worry - they were on clearance)!

No comments:

Post a Comment