Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hospital sushi, anyone? Nope, this is not a post about my love of all things Kate Spade!

'Tis the season for getting sick, right?

I don't know why everyone is so anxious to blame my current ailment on the sushi I had for lunch on Thursday while dining at the University of Michigan hospital cafeteria. It was much tastier than the Meijer sushi I tried once when I first moved to Grand Rapids (and I will never, ever make that mistake again - I had just moved from Atlanta and didn't know if GR even HAD a sushi restaurant, ok?).

I suppose I should have quesitoned it when I ate a roll that tasted like it was made with Chicken of the Sea tuna (gross) and not the good stuff. But you know, I was hungry and just continued on. The pieces of California and crab roll were very good!

Last night I met my fellow Parrotheads (yes, I am a dues paying, margarita drinking, concert going fan of Jimmy Buffett) at Bahama Breeze for happy hour. During happy hour I consumed one Bahamarita (most fabulous drink ever, though I am not convinced there is actually any alcohol in it) and a half a salad.

Suddenly, I felt full. Then achy. Then SICK. I bolted for the ladies room and sure enough - Bahamarita revisited. Gross, right?

Really, the only time one should puke in public is when one is very, very, very drunk (proud to say I have never done that) -or- very, very, very, very hung over (no comment).

Those who know me know one drink that doesn't even really have alcohol certainly won't make me spew from drunkeness or a hangover...though my mom was suspicious....

Anyway, here I sit - miserable. I am slurping brothy soup and sipping on a giant Coke from Sonic. Coke makes everything better - especially fountain Coke, especially with those little Sonic ice chips!

Everyone keeps saying it's probably the hospital sushi....but, I am not going to pass judgement so quickly. I mean, my office might as well be a day care center there are so many children in and out of that place on a regular basis. Seriously, I have been on the phone with HR trying to discuss personnel issues on several occasions with children screaming behind me...talk about a personnel issue! Each time I had to tell them I was indeed in the office, and not working from home where I run a rogue day care center on the side to supplement my income. Anyway, we all know kids are the carriers of all types of funky viruses....so, until someone can PROVE the sushi did it I am going to say it is a virus I picked up in the workplace earlier this week!

But just in case....I am going to avoid the sushi counter in the cafeteria from now on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment