Sunday, August 8, 2010

Busted!

It's a hot and humid day here in GR so after an early morning run I opted to spend the day laying low in the house. After a packed weekend I am enjoying some peace and quiet.

About an hour ago I let Gracie out and decided to water my hanging baskets.

As I turned the corner from the back yard to the front I spotted not one, but two GRPD cars parked in front of my house.

Immediately I thought, "Great. Which house was robbed now?"

I saw the officers walking down the street...to the 2 Live Crew house.

SCORE!

They went there, knocked on the door, apparently no one answered (the music wasn't playing but I would venture the inhabitants have hearing loss based on exposure to ridiculously loud music and therefore didn't hear the officers - or were hiding their stash of pot, meth or other drugs) so the officers walked back to their cars, one stopped to compliment me on my hanging baskets (brownie points for me with GRPD?), moved their cars to the end of the block and went back to 2 Live Crew house.

I went inside. I decided if a shootout happened over loud music I did not want to be caught in the crosshairs.

No shootout...and not sure what transpired but I am so grateful these morons are on GRPD's radar.

I have a feeling I won't be hearing much 2 Live Crew or Christopher Cross any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment