Saturday, December 4, 2010

My life flashed before my eyes

I had a near death experience today.

Well, sort of.

OK, I am being dramatic. It has been a ridiculous day. Which is ridiculous because today is Saturday - Saturdays are supposed to be wonderful, not craptastic!

I decided to improve my mood by going for a run - usual route through the 'hood. To make a long story short, here's what happened (and if you want to read the long story check out my brand new running blog Running in Pearls):

I approached an intersection, running parallel with traffic that has right of way. Cross street had a stop sign. I saw two cars rolling toward stop sign - a white van and a burgundy p.o.s. pickup truck. I realized I was not running fast enough to cross before van stops, so slowed down and van came to a complete stop then proceeded. I proceed. 'Cause I HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY. Burgundy p.o.s. - who made eye contact with me while I was yielding to the van - just followed van and tried to RUN ME OVER. I ranted, I raved, I guess I'm lucky he didn't have a gun (and admit I did wonder what Suzanne Sugarbaker would do in this situation!). He crossed the intersection and slowed down, presumably to look at me in his rear view mirror, then kept going.

Ridiculous.

He better watch out. I remember what the crappy truck looks like and I guarantee he lives in my neighborhood and our paths will cross. And, I know my rights. According to Code of the City of Grand Rapids section 10.122 titled Crosswalks, I totally had the right of way. So, in the words of Kathy Griffin, "suck it" you a-hole!

No comments:

Post a Comment