Wednesday, March 17, 2010

She's a little runaway

I promised not to blog excessively about my new "running" (still call it jogging) "hobby" (still call it feeble attempt to lose weight so I can meet a normal man and have children before I run out of eggs and, not to mention, my work is on this health kick so desperate attempt to stay 'relevant' in an ever changing work environment). However, I need to share some things that have been yelled to/at me during runs since I started this new routine:

-"Damn. You look good. But after that run you gonna look even betta!"
-"You go girl" as man puffs on cigarette and gives me a thumbs up
-"Yo momma, I'd like you breathin' like that with me"

and, my new favorite from today....

from teenage boys in a beat up turquoise Pontiac....

-"Hey lady, wanna buy a candy bar?"

Now, really boys? Do you think my fat ass would be out running if I could be lured so easily by a candy bar? I think not.

Funny thing is, the kid who yelled it actually had a box of those school fundraiser candy bars in his lap. I think he needs to work on his sales skills and maybe re-think his target market. Chubby girl - yes. Chubby girl running - not so much.

Ah, and spring is just springing. I suspect this is just the beginning....

2 comments:

  1. Great job running. I am trying to walk. I am convinced if I run I will hurt my knees or collapse from a heart attack

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that's hilarious. And exactly why you won't find me running.

    ReplyDelete