Thursday, July 29, 2010

2 Live Crew, Christopher Cross and bloody dog poo

I woke up this morning to the aroma of dog poo.

As I followed the scent down the hall then down the stairs, noting Gracie the dog was totally missing in action, I knew it wouldn't be good.

In fact, it was worse than I could have imagined. As I took the final steps into the living room the poo smell became a blood smell.

My living room looked like a crime scene. Or like vampires were hanging out there overnight.

Diarrhea and blood, bright red spots of blood, were smattered all over the living room. Thank goodness for hardwood floors. However, in my carpeted office? Oh yeah, a pile of gooey, foamy vomit. Uh-oh.

$434.03 later (I feel that extra .03 is a total slap in the face), Gracie was diagnosed with "hemorrhagic gastroenteritis." Sounds scary, right? It is. The one pager the vet gave me says, "Dogs with HGE will appear severely ill and, if untreated, may die." Super.

Today was supposed to be my beach day, instead it turned in to my clean up dog poo, dog vomit and dog blood and get the permeating smell of poo and blood out of my house all while starving my dog and trying to feed her ice cubes. It was a special day indeed.

Other highlights of the day include:

-Watching the President on "The View" and learning he does not know who Snooki is. Whew! I, for one, am thrilled. I mean, I just learned who Snooki is about one month ago. In fact, I believe I asked Twitter-land, "What is a Snookie?" a few months back. (Not only did I not know what a "Snooki" was I also did not know how to spell it). I would hope our President is too busy running the country to watch "Jersey Shore." I guess that means Barack Obama, me and my mom are literally the only people in the U.S. who don't watch that trash.

-Speaking of trash, another highlight was listening to my trashy neighbors take their new speakers out for a spin. Well, they were spinning tunes anyway. The "free concert" went on for about an hour - the sound was coming from a house a block away and yet it was like I was listening to my own radio. The song selection varied from "Supersonic" to some bad songs by Slaughter or Firehouse (or other bad early 90s rock band), "Me So Horny" and "Sailing" by Christopher Cross. Eclectic yes. Oh, and annoying too. We are experiencing another surge in crime in my 'hood (shocking). In fact, last weekend while I was in Houston on business I received a crime alert that 80 crimes happened within one mile of my home. 80. 8-0. Eighty. Crimes included attempted murder, selling crack and something that sounded like someone tried to mow someone down with a car. Awesome. I am just saying....to any potential home invaders out there....that trashy house on 4th Street with the blanket in the window in place of real window coverings has a sweet sound system. Just saying. I am not a fan of most crimes; however, if this speaker system were to suddenly "disappear" I would not be disappointed and would thank the home invaders.

Just another day in my neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment