Monday, February 14, 2011

"Forget You, Cupid" the Sequel (in other words, Happy St. Patrick's Day!)

A few years ago my friend Heather wrote this and circulates it each year on Valentine's Day. She gave me permission to share with you - you will enjoy this!

"Years ago I gave up on St. Valentine.  I was sick and tired of seeing all the men and women that felt sub-standard because they were not with someone on Valentine's Day.  Sick and tired of feeling like I wasn't good enough for this guy who demanded romantic love from lonely people.  Wasn't love supposed to be every day?  Wasn't love supposed to be for everyone?  Why weren't we good enough?  This St. seemed like one sick cookie to me so I forsake his name.  In that resolution I realized one who didn't care who you were with or weren't with for that matter.  St. Patrick loves and accepts us all into his fold.  He will even grant you citizenship into Ireland if you aren't Irish.  He'll tint your beer green in welcome to this happy loving group of followers.  He has never rejected me or made me feel unwelcome even if I was alone!  So about 4 years ago I adopted my new saint for this unhappy day to give hope and love to Valentine's so called rejects.  For everyone, alone or coupled, I wish you all a very Happy Early St. Patrick's Day!  May you always see the world through green tinted glasses (of beer) and my you always feel loved by the greatest Saint of them all! "

No comments:

Post a Comment