Sunday, February 13, 2011

In the words of Cee Lo - "Forget You," Cupid!

Yes, "Forget You" or, you know what, even better...in the not radio friendly version of Cee Lo's hit song "F*** You." And yes, Cupid, I'm talking to you.

Valentine's Day is upon us and, yet again, I am sans Valentine.

I went to my local superstore yesterday (no, NOT Wal-Mart - I have standards) and saw men frantically searching through the Valentine's Day flower displays, desperate to find the right gift for that special someone. I gave them kudos for thinking ahead...but also thought how I would not want a Valentine's Day gift from a superstore. Buying an orchid because it is buy one, get one free at the superstore (one for mom and one for girlfriend? Shewd move, superstore, good move.) seems like something these men were doing just to do, not in the name of Cupid, Valentine's Day or love.

Love doesn't come from a superstore and, I will reluctantly admit it doesn't come from Tiffany & Co. either...

I think it's all part of Cupid's devious plan. I bet that little bugger owns stock in all the superstores and jewelry stores in the country, not to mention the FTD and hell, I bet he is the true CEO of Hershey.

Well, Cupid, forget you. I refuse to play your reindeer games (ok, wrong holiday but that phrase makes me think of the classic movie "Heathers").

Forget yoooou, forget you!

1 comment:

  1. Stick with that Saint that cares! St. Patrick's day is only 32 days away!

    ReplyDelete